Looking for core Java developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications for Equity Derivatives. As a full-stack technologist, the role requires to have sound technical skills and experience building applications with expertise on modern development practices.
The developer will be working on Equity Derivative trade capture and life cycle existing applications to enhance the functionality as per regulatory requirement.
- Write high quality and testable code following clean coding standards and SOLID design principles.
- Be a self-starter and plan/schedule own work for tasks and projects, implement functionality without direct supervision.
- Perform profiling and troubleshooting of existing solutions.
- Follow and understand defined software development process.
- Perform code reviews and contribute to overall quality, maintainability and testability of software developed.
- Work independently while in close collaboration with others in the team and across projects.
- Coordinate deployment, test and release of applications developed.
- 7+ years of software development experience in a corporate environment
- Preferably IDE used should be Visual Studio.
- Knowledge and experience working with agile methodologies like Scrum;
- Understanding of code quality measurements using tools like Sonar and able to implement efficient Unit Tests.
- Experienced in designing high quality solutions using OOP, TDD/BDD, Design Patterns and SOLID principles.
- Experience in designing and building APIs, integrating with modern-web applications
- Working experience in global environment where colleagues, stakeholders and onsite client team locate in different locations, be able to cope with culture and time zone differences
- Advanced knowledge on Java 8, Core Java, and Spring.
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience with at least one Database Management System, preferably Sybase or MS-SQL.
- Good knowledge of design patterns, data structures, memory allocation and algorithms.
- Excellent debugging and testing skills.
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related majors