We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the science of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Work with the designers to create user centric websites and digital assets.
- Build intuitive, rich and functional user interfaces using dynamic web presentations technology
- Develop new user-facing features for both desktop and mobile devices
- Assist in project deployment and infrastructure setup independently.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and apply diverse web technologies and techniques
- Support and maintenance of existing applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a full stack role, or a combination of front-end and back-end project experience.
- Proficient in the following languages / frameworks: HTML/CSS, JS, ReactJS, PHP, MySQL/Mongo, NodeJS, Linux, Nginx.
- Has experience in working on or managing CI/CD pipelines, automated testing, docker environments.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum development methodology, source control (such as Git) and issue-tracking systems such as Zendesk and Atlassian JIRA for disciplined and communication-friendly development.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Attention to detail, able to work independently and take initiative.
- Able to communicate effectively between team members and product managers.
- Excellent problem solver.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Communicate well in English.