We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Product Software team at Equinix builds next-generation software products and architecture for our Equinix software platform and services offerings. We are looking for engineers responsible for developing consistent APIs with microservices, interacting with multiple consumers and abstracting complex Enterprise Application workflows. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop platform services, and to collaborate with partner teams to understand their requirements and consumption patterns. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential. You will work closely with product engineering, architects and product managers.
- Solve for the customer - understand the WHY and enrich the specification to create a solution which delights customers
- Lead the design and development of significant parts of the system
- Create efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Be a steward of code quality, agile development processes and automation
- Lead by example through good development practices
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Promptly resolve production issues based on priority - with a focus on unblocking the customer, and ensuring problems do not recur
- Mentor junior engineers and lead them by example
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of strong experience in building robust services
- Individual contributor role
- Well versed and contributes to technology, designing and development
- Will be part of NodeJS driven project hence strong experience in being an active contributor or consumer of NodeJS
- Expertise in APIs and microservices. Knowledge of Postgress Database. Experience working with queues (Azure, Kafka, AWS) will be preferred.
- Writing good SQL, fine tuning SQL. Experience managing mid to large scale customer projects in a customer facing project
- Will work closely with customers, sales and operations teams hence will require strong stakeholder management experience
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Provides technical guidance to junior team members.
- Work towards exploring new avenues
Successful candidate will
- Be a talent multiplier who gets the team around them to excel
- Be persistent, creative and driven to get results relentlessly
- Exhibit a strong backbone to challenge the status quo, when needed
- Exhibit a high level of curiosity, keeping abreast of the latest trends & technologies
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything undertaken