At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Cyber threats, social media, massive data storage, privacy requirements and continuity of the business as usual require heavy information security measures. As an information security specialist, you will assist in the end to end implementation of security solutions for our clients and support our clients in their desire to protect the business.
This is a role where no two days are the same – so you’ll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. You’ll work alongside clients and colleagues, balancing your time between developing security strategies, advising stakeholders, providing workshops and supporting business development. If you’re flexible and ready to adapt to a constantly changing environment, there’s no better place to develop your skills. Since you’ll be working directly with clients, some travel will be required.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Cyber Security Operations consultant, you will be part of the team to assess, design, build, implement and manage security solutions for our clients and support the clients in their desire to protect the business. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex information security needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
Skills And Attributes For Success
- Familiarity with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
- Experience with network security monitoring and incident response activities.
- Ability to process impacts of activities and be able to collaborate with IT operations and Cybersecurity teams on mitigations and remediations.
- Ability to apply cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements.
- Ability to create standard operating procedures and other similar documentation.
To Qualify for the role, you must have
- A recognized university degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience. Preferably with 2 years’ experience in business consulting role in a leading consultancy firm
- Strong interest in the field of information security
- Creative, independent with good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical, interpersonal and writing skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Industry related certification preferred (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, SABSA, PRINCE2, TOGAF, ITIL).
- Solution Level Certifications, OSCP, CREST, GIAC would be advantageous, as well as penetration testing experience.
What We Look For
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What We Offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.