We currently have an opportunity for a Data Scientist specialising in data / decision science to join our talented Valuation, Modelling and Economics group within Strategy and Transactions service line in Singapore. We work across all industries and operate in a broad range of disciplines including data analytics and visualisation, operational research, simulation and optimisation, transaction and decision support modelling, advanced economic modelling and bespoke model development.
Your key responsibilities
In your role, you will have a primary focus on decision science and decision modelling. Your focus will be on the application of analytics, operational research and modelling techniques across a range of industries and problem types. You will use advanced simulation modelling and experimentation techniques and have a strong grasp of the use of statistics. You are resourceful, know how to solve problems and have a good understanding of mathematical optimization. Your work will provide in-depth insights and inform the strategic decision-making of our clients on their key capital investment and operational issues. This will allow you to develop and maintain positive, productive and professional advisory relationships with clients and stakeholders.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good commercial acumen with excellent interpersonal and client management skills
- Experience and understanding of the operational aspects across a range of industries
- Strong data analysis and presentation / visualisation skills including the ability to identify, extract, manipulate and use statistical methods to analyse large data sets, identify trends and patterns and the ability to uncover stories and in-depth insights
- Good model building skills combined with an ability to connect these with real world strategic alternatives, decisions and applications
- Intellectual curiosity, strong problem-solving abilities and a commercial mindset
- Excellent analytical, communication and teamwork skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) in statistics, applied mathematics, data science, engineering, operational research, computer science / software engineering or similar
- Knowledge of operational research, management science and optimisation techniques
- Experience in the use of programming packages for data science (e.g. Python, R, SAS, SPSS) and making this accessible to others (e.g. through related software)
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience in the use of bespoke simulation modelling tools (e.g. AnyLogic, Arena, WITNESS, Extendsim, FlexSim, Simul8 etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, VBA and database / data handling environments
- Capabilities in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word are required
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.