We are seeking to add a Back-End Engineer to our Asia-Pacific team. The ideal candidate is based in Singapore.
Our ideal candidate is an expert software engineer in Python with SQL Database experience, responsible for creating and maintaining back-end services for our products. As main duties, the candidate will create, optimize, centralize, scale, test and automate our current and new microservices and products.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Develop code and write tests for back-end applications deployed in AWS.
- Support of legacy projects to be fully migrated to AWS.
- Debug and address technical issues for legacy projects.
- Work with the Performance Marketing team on new client implementations for parser projects.
- Attend sprint planning meetings every 2 weeks to determine day-to-day tasks.
- Interact with Back-end developers to define schemas, implement Everymundo data standards and back-end workflows, and document business logic that interacts with the system.
- Help Performance Marketing team on ideation process, Google Ads API technical research, and requirements gathering.
- Interact with DataCore developers to understand the reporting project to gather requirements for migration to the newest Google Ads API
- Interact with the Data Analytics team to understand the business logic behind the reporting project to be able to resolve issues and develop new features for the parsing project and reporting project.
- Interact with the DevOps team to implement first-time releases for development and production environments.
- Interact with version control on a daily basis to keep our codebase up to date in EveryMundo repositories.
- Contribute to internal technical documentation for back-end applications using the EveryMundo product roadmap and lifecycle standards.
- Engage in periodic code reviews to collaboratively grow the team's technical skills.
- Provide insights and updates to non-engineering members regarding the parser migration and ongoing implementations.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 5 years of experience working with production back-end applications.
- At least 2 years of working experience with Python back-end applications.
- Experience developing micro applications (microservices) with AWS services (Lambda functions)
- Writing unit tests using automated TDD tasks.
- Working experience of regular expressions
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL or Amazon Redshift
- Familiarity with Google AdWords API or Google Ads APIs
- Working experience of shell scripting
- Working experience of agile software development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and concise writing
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving\
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
Within 3 months of employment:
- Learn about the architecture of existing projects and general SEM business strategy.
- Get a certificate on Google Ads to better understand their products.
- Get familiar with the reporting project.
- Get familiar with the parser project and the migration timeline.
- On-board and start development of migration for reporting and parser projects.
- Use JIRA to update the progress of tickets daily.
Within 6 months of employment:
- Identify process improvement through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed within designated time frames.
- Work on the resolution of critical and ongoing problems.
- Full ownership of the parsing project
- Complete migration of reporting project to new Google Ads API.
Within 12 months of employment:
- Full understanding of current services/products.
- Design and implement new projects independent of their own to contribute to the airSEM portfolio.
- Contribute with the front-end microservices team to connect airSEM tools to our global platform.
- Complete migration of Parser project
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Company paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Parental Leave
- Uncapped vacation and sick days
- Flexible schedule
- End of year discretionary bonus
- Unit of Appreciation Plan for tenured Mundos
- Virtual yoga classes
WHY WORK WITH US?
EveryMundo believes strongly that our culture and values enable us to perform at the highest level for our airlines.
- Teamwork, Empowerment, Execution, Communication, Learning, Diversity, Change are our Company core values.
This culture and system of values serves us internally while also guiding our interactions and decisions regarding our customers. It is important to us that our culture and values are represented in our strategies, our output, and our communications. We invite our customers to collaborate with us in the spirit of these values.