Expereo is looking for an enthusiastic Solutions Engineer, who is an expert in Telecom, SD-WAN, and Managed Services. You will use your knowledge to improve engagement with our customers, and support both Asia Pacific and Global sales teams.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will play a key role in designing and delivering solutions for our multi-national customers, applying the right balance of traditional telecom knowledge and Software Defined Network enabling technologies.
This role will focus primarily on Expereo’s customers and sales initiatives in the Asia Pacific region, primarily the Japanese market, and on occasion the world.
The Solutions Engineer is a member of the Expereo Technology organization, and reports to the Director of Global Solutions Engineering.
Day-to-day responsibilities of the role as follows, but are not limited to:
- Articulate the Expereo business story and proposition.
- Provide expert knowledge around the Internet, Telecom, SD-WAN and Cloud to our customers and Expereo’ s internal teams.
- Actively engage with our sales teams, and learn our customer needs and requirements and articulate those needs and requirements back to Expereo’ s internal organizations.
- Perform technical pre-qualification and due diligence of opportunities, including recommending bid or no bid decisions on complex proposals and engagements.
- Help respond to customer RFP / RFI / RFQ technical questions, and produce quality technical designs and bill of materials for those proposals.
- Produce High Level Designs for complex projects involving SD-WAN/SASE/Security technologies, and facilitate the creation of Low-Level-Design documents for our operations and implementation teams.
- Help produce detailed migration plans supporting the transition from traditional WAN Networks (i.e., MPLS) to Hybrid or full SD-WAN topologies.
- Keep up to date on the constant changes in Software Defined Networking, Security, Telcom, Cloud, and the Internet of Things, and help Expereo evolve its product offering to be “fit for purpose” for our valued customers.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Strong background or understanding of telecom, Internet, IP routing, BGP and IP peering.
- Ideally certified with a CCNA/CCNP or equivalent in vendor knowledge or experience.
- Previous experience in supporting the design of enterprise IT or global networking solutions.
- Exposure to SD-WAN technologies especially VMware Velocloud, Cisco Meraki, Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela), and other similar SD-WAN vendors.
- Exposure to SASE technologies such as CATO, Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella.
- Comfortable and able to operate within a pre-sales and technical lead role; this means being in front of customers and being able to explain and articulate complex concepts for varying audiences.
- Good customer facing communication skills with presentations, meeting control, and opportunity qualification.
- Experience working in a consultative manner at a senior level with our customers including being able to produce deliverables for customer-related solutions.
- Self-starter, results driven, creative, persistent, proactive and a team player who enjoys sharing knowledge.
- Willing and able to work unsociable hours, and comfortable in a high-paced dynamic work environment.
- Able to travel for face-to-face meetings, Expereo functions, conferences, and other engagements. (~25% travel per month – post pandemic)
EEO (Equal Employments Opportunities) Statement:
Expereo is an Equal Opportunities employer who aims to support and celebrate every employee that comes through our doors. We respect and support all of our people regardless of background, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, age, or physical condition
We provide a fast-paced, multicultural office environment that rewards hard work and team players. Our positive and inclusive company culture ensures that our teams are happy, support each other, and are committed to providing our customers with quality work.