I'm an engineer considering joining ExpressVPN. What's in it for me?
Here are some key reasons for Engineers in particular:
- The people. We like to think that you'll find them open and friendly, skilled and motivated, and unified by our mission to protect the privacy and security of millions of customers world-wide.
- Impact. Deliver with both high pace and great quality. You don't need to convince people here to invest in good engineering practices.
- Skill growth. We cover a broad range of engineering specialties: many aspects of high-scale cloud applications, 7 client-side operating systems, firmware, bare-metal servers for which we compile the OS (see TrustedServer), our own open-source VPN protocol Lightway, etc. No matter what your background, you're going to find someone from whom you can learn here. That makes for interesting conversations.
- Career growth. We're lucky to be a leading company in a fast-growing industry. We're expanding the business and hiring many people, which brings many opportunities for you to evolve your role. You can rotate through teams and gain exposure to a broad range of challenges, or go into people-management. We value the individual contributor and people-management tracks equally.
What would I be responsible for?
We're looking for outstanding Linux Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, or Devops Engineers (we see those as quite interchangeable terms) to help us deliver high-quality, uninterrupted service to our millions of customers at all times.
If you are…
- A great collaborator
- A problem solver
- A fast learner
- Curious, especially when it comes to technology
- At home in a fast-paced environment
And you have experience with some or all of the following…
- Building and operating simple, reliable, distributed solutions
- Linux Systems Administration and Troubleshooting
- Network, Firewall and load balancing technologies
- Debugging and troubleshooting of networks using tools such as tcpdump
- Automating solutions to complex problems
- Scripting in any server-side language such as Python, ideally tested automatically
...then we would love to talk to you!
- Build and operate our globally-distributed Linux routing infrastructure.
- Work with external data centers and network providers to ensure the quality and uptime of our services.
- Define quality of service metrics and build dashboards to track and alert off them.
- Work closely with the rest of the team to define the product vision, review specs, and make architecture decisions.
- Build maintainable and simple solutions. Ensure that our Operations teams are able to effectively provide 24-hour coverage for the systems that your team builds.
- Stay up to date on current and emerging technologies in related fields, attend relevant conferences, and share learning materials with the team.
Sounds interesting. What's next?
Let's talk. Tell us what you're looking for in your dream job, then let's see what role would be a great fit for you.
The steps are:
- Get in touch using the form below.
- Our engineering hiring-team will look at your profile and make a decision on whether to engage with you. If you write us a cover-letter, we will respond with a personal note regardless of our decision.
- An in-house recruiter will set up a time to speak with you on video and prepare you for our interview process.
- Our interviews are then composed of:
- a screening call with an engineering manager
- usually about 4 interviews with other engineers
- either a homework problem-solving exercise or a live pair-programming exercise.
- Then offer, including meet-and-greets with more colleagues.
- As soon as feasible: reference checks with former managers and maybe other colleagues. Your hiring-manager will perform these calls, and we'll expect you to make the introductions. We realize that we might only be able to speak with your current manager after you've accepted our offer and resigned from your current position.
Thanks for your time, we look forward to hearing from you!
Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any compensation information.