We are looking for an outstanding quality engineering manager to join our global Quality Assurance (QA) engineering organization. We test heavily, fast, and in complex environments using shift-left testing. You'll help us deliver products of the highest performance our customers love, trust, and use every day by hiring/mentoring and training QA engineers and analysts.
As a Quality engineering manager, you will lead QA engineers and analysts in a matrix environment, helping develop their skills, career growth and coaching them to become better engineers.
You will drive execution via leadership, coaching, and skills uplift. You’ll work closely with development teams in improving and extending our quality, and velocity.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, and strong people management skills
Why engineers love working here
- We embrace technology: We work on the latest technologies and with some of the most brilliant minds in the field.
- We test heavily: We don't leave things to luck. We test our products to ensure quality delivery.
- We do shift-left testing: We provide a test plan as soon as the sprint begins to develop tests first (TDD), so we can find bugs early in the process.
- We run fast: Tests should provide meaningful feedback in a short amount of time and be stable at all times.
What you’ll do
- Hire and train Quality Engineers and QA analysts
- Coach and mentor Quality engineers and analysts, uplift their skills, and guide them through their career growth.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Influence without authority: you will Identify bottlenecks and quality issues and push to fix them
- Able to work as an individual contributor when needed and lead by example
- Immerse yourself in the technology, in the profession, and our products
You will be measured by
- Employees satisfaction score: you are appreciated as a manager by your people and they feel you are adding value to their day-to-day work.
- Quality influencer: you can influence quality in various areas and it is translated to reducing the number of incidents/issues found by customers in the area your people are operating and better velocity of our products releases.
- Hiring/Retention: you are able to retain your current people and hire top talents that impact our business.
What you need
- Computer science degree or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Quality Engineering Manager/QA manager in a modern Agile environment.
- 3+ years experience as an individual contributor, ideally as SW developer engineer in test/ Quality engineer.
- Strong development skills in multiple modern programming languages
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance methodologies in an agile environment and TDD.
- Experience designing & implementing integration and E2E automation tests
- Experience in formal personal development planning and individual, team, and process performance management
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts (verbal and written) to peers and non-technical persons
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills
- Excellent personal organization and ability to prioritize
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Comfortable working independently and without routine supervision
- A desire to remain technically capable and expert in current technologies
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge in networking and network security protocols
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Spacious open-concept and centrally located offices
- A financially successful and profitable company
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Fully stocked pantry with healthy foods and fresh fruit
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Note: Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include any salary or compensation information in it.