I'm an engineer - what's in it for me?
In addition to the reasons for joining ExpressVPN in general, here are some key reasons for Engineers in particular:
- The people. We like to think that you'll find them open and friendly, skilled and motivated, and unified by our mission to protect the privacy and security of millions of customers worldwide.
- Impact. Deliver with both high pace and great quality. You don't need to convince people here to invest in good engineering practices.
- Skill growth. We cover a broad range of engineering specialties: many aspects of high-scale cloud applications, 7 client-side operating systems, firmware, bare-metal servers for which we compile the OS (see TrustedServer), our own open-source VPN protocol Lightway, etc. No matter what your background, you're going to find someone from whom you can learn here.
- Career growth. We're lucky to be a leading company in a fast-growing industry. We're expanding the business and hiring many people, which brings many opportunities for you to evolve your role. You can rotate through teams and gain exposure to a broad range of challenges, or go into people management. We value the individual contributor and people-management tracks equally.
This specific position - Senior Mac Engineer
Many of our teams need expertise for native Mac applications, and we're looking for experienced engineers with such backgrounds. You won't be siloed just to Mac. You'll have access to and be encouraged to commit to any repo across the company, we'll expect you to grow your skills in any direction that both fits your interests and the needs of the business, and over time you can rotate through various cross-functional teams.
- Write high-quality, well-architected, modular code which is easy to read and maintain.
- Ensure your code and the application as a whole have excellent automated test coverage.
- Ensure the app has a clean, simple, and robust architecture to enable various teams to easily contribute code.
- Ensure the build and test pipelines are fast and stable.
- Provide high-quality code reviews for your team and other contributors to the code base.
- Lead by example and provide guidance and mentorship to other developers.
- Provide technical insights to the Product Manager.
- Work closely with designers to build great UI and a great user experience.
- Undertake spikes, prototyping, and R&D work to investigate feasibility and de-risk complex projects.
- Write clear and comprehensive tech designs and test plans, and ensure work is broken down into bite-sized chunks and accurately sized.
- Proven track record working on native Mac applications.
- Expert command of Objective-C and/or Swift.
- Excellent at writing automated tests, ideally following TDD practices.
- Experienced in writing thread-safe code.
- Experienced with agile software development practices such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experienced at helping other team members be more productive, and to grow.
- Good communication skills, spoken and written.
- Logical mindset and great problem solver.
What we can offer you
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours.
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment.
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits.
- Financially successful and profitable company.
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities.
Please upload your resume as a PDF and do not include compensation information.