In this role, you will be developing a world-class computer vision system that will enable centimeter level landing-accuracy and the ability to avoid obstacles and unsafe landing locations for our large-scale drones.
You will work closely with Autopilot software, Embedded Software/Hardware and Design teams to build a robust vision/LiDAR ecosystem (on-board the drone). The goal is to build an aviation-standard single-subsystem which can enable VISLAM (for vision-based navigation), detect and avoid, multi-sensor based landing and smart fail-safes. The development shall follow aviation certification standards, and you will take lead in establishing the requisite processes to ensure that these standards are met. Extensive SIL and HIL simulations must be performed before field testing.
- Masters in Electronics, Computer science, Aerospace or similar discipline(s). Exceptional individuals with lower academic qualifications may be considered
- 1-3 years experience working on Vision systems/LiDAR, Image Processing/SLAM and multi-sensor fusion
- Strong background in sensing, localization, behavior, and path-planning for probabilistic robotics (including computer vision, vision-based localization and mapping, robot perception, robot behavior, and autonomous vehicle development)
- Programming experience in C++, Python, ROS, Linux
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as MAVLINK, RTPS/DDS is a plus
- Experience in entire product development lifecycles
- Ability to prioritise what matters and meet deadlines
- You preach and put into practice the importance of maintainability, relentless testing and enjoy implementing best practices
Desired Skills and Experience
Sensor Fusion, ROS, autonomous, Embedded Software, Hardware Design, Signal and Image Processing, Aerospace, Autonomous robot, Computer Vision, Unmanned Vehicles, C Programming, Robotics, LiDAR, Product Development, Python Programming, Linux