If you are a Devops Pro looking to break into the world of Cyber Security, then we have the job for you!
Our Technical Operation team are growing their ranks and looking for an Engineer to join the us. Countercept is a managed detection and response (MDR) service offered by F-Secure which is designed to counter Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) from state sponsored and sophisticated criminal groups, it detects and responds to compromise and attempted compromise across our clients’ IT estates.
Our philosophy is focused on changing the mind-set of the industry, moving away from SOC’s filled will alert-fatigued analysts waiting for their SIEM to flag yet
another false-positive and moving towards offensively trained, proactive threat hunters, who understand the attacker mind-set and can root out even the most sophisticated adversaries across both the network and the endpoint.
The role of the Technical Operation team is key to Countercept’s success as they provide and support the systems and services that allow the world-leading R&D and Threat Hunting teams to do what they do best! This requires us to be world-leading as well, embracing and furthering Continuous Integration/Development practices and bleeding edge technologies.
What We Need…
We are looking for someone with a security influenced mind-set, this is a great opportunity to work on interesting collaborative projects with our Threat Hunting, Development and Research teams, as well as having the freedom to explore your own personal research projects on bleeding edge technologies.
We’re looking for someone with unsurmountable passion (if this wasn’t your job, it would be your hobby!) with a demonstrable character for curiosity when learning new technologies and for constant self-improvement. You will be accustomed to maintaining, enhancing and upgrading production infrastructure.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside a passionate and dedicated team including collaborating on new and exciting projects as well as sharing knowledge across different areas of the business.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit…
We are looking for someone with a strong background using Linux based systems and Devops tooling
We need someone with demonstrable experience working in a similar role, to include:
- Strong Computer Science/Networking knowledge
- Comfortable managing a range of Linux services and using a range of Devops tooling
- Experience with the AWS Cloud Platform
- Comfortable building and working with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Monitoring systems and gathering metrics
- At least one strong scripting skills from: Bash, Python, Ruby, Go etc.
- A security-oriented mind-set and willingness to develop their security knowledge with the ability to work autonomously
- Willingness to work ‘on call’ and potentially out of hours when system maintenance and repair is required
Any of the below will be a bonus but not essential:
- Experience systems automation and configuration management (puppet, ansible, Jenkins etc)
- Experience on RHEL & CentOS platforms
- Databases: NoSQL (Elasticsearch), Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git)
- Willingness to travel desired but not essential
Desired Skills and Experience
Work Autonomously, Version Control, Puppet, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL, Cyber Security, MySQL, Scripting, Bash, Configuration Management, Python, CentOS, APT, Ansible, Databases, Linux