The ideal candidate should be able to commit full-time from Dec/Jan - June 2022 or part-time 3 days/week.
As a Junior Solution Developer (Intern) on the GS Innovation Lab team, you will be working as a core member responsible for the design, development & extension of new & existing features and components within the GS organization. You should bring a strong desire to develop your Data Processing and Data Analytics skills.
Junior Solution Developers are responsible for developing solutions to parse, find patterns, and present data in an intuitive and easy-to understand format. You will be required to see out and contribute to projects right from conception through to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
You are responsible for participating in the production of new ideas, writing code, and responsible for following Agile software development practices in the team. You will work with senior leadership, architects, leads, cross-functional teams, engineers, and other stakeholders to help define and implement solutions.
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Writing data adaptors to extract data from various interfaces, be it files, APIs, or database tables. Therefore, a basic understanding of backend technologies is necessary as well.
- Creating visualizations for the analysis outcome, to be shown on a dashboard portal. Therefore, basic understanding of frontend technologies is also expected.
- Writing effective, scalable code, and APIs in python.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product & post-deployment maintenance.
- Stay up to date on relevant industry trends and best practices and constantly exchange ideas.
- Represent the GS Innovation Lab as a member of the core team and participate in these efforts as required.
- Demonstrate products to internal F5 stakeholders.
- Communicate trade-offs between expectations and engineering realities to stakeholders and align on prioritization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt new technologies.
- Ability to work well independently and on a cross-functional team.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, planning and organization skills.
- Fluent in various scripting languages for task automation.
- Linux system administration abilities a plus.
- Hands-on in SQL with a deep understanding of query optimization a plus.
- Knowledge of Statistics is a plus.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Experience in using python libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, and TensorFlow, or the ability to learn any of these quickly, is a plus.
- Development experience in NodeJS using Express with Angular or React will be an added advantage.
- REST based webservices development, microservices, and other related technologies.
- Python's Web Framework Flask, Django, MySQL, Gunicorn, NGINX and other related technologies, is a plus.
- Associates or BA/BS degree in computer/engineering related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table. Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone & video-conference, and read printed material.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability,marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.