Volterra, now a part of F5, has innovated a consistent, cloud-native environment that can be deployed across multiple public clouds and edge sites - a distributed cloud platform.
Within this SaaS-based offering, Volterra integrates a broad range of services that have normally been siloed across many point products and network or cloud providers. The solution is crafted to provide a single way to view security, operations and components management.
Volterra operates its own network backbone and data centers in 12 countries and is growing at a fast pace. The infrastructure engineering team has huge ambitions and very high standards for quality. You will be pushed outside of your comfort zone.
In this context, the position is focused on the build-out and expansion of our network backbone and data centers. You will work closely with many Volterra teams including Network Engineering, SRE, Operations, Logistics and with external partners (vendors, contractors).
The role is about maintaining, improving, and growing the high-performance network backbone.
- Actively supervise the network performance.
- Troubleshoot issues and propose solutions.
- Maintain a high level of availability, reliability and performance on the backbone.
- Develop, improve and maintain the tools needed for our backbone.
- Support the Operation teams.
- Work on customers’ network designs (BGP/EVPN).
- R&D to validate new designs/features for the backbone.
- Write documentation.
- Autonomous approach.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Continuous learning attitude.
- Proficient in English.
- Being able to work remotely for a significant period of time.
- Experience working in a large-scale network environment.
- Ability to work with team members based in different countries.
This NetOps Engineer Position Also Requires The Following Skills
- 5+ Years of experience in a similar position.
- Solid understanding of backbone networking (BGP, OSPF, L3VPN).
- Knowledge of data center networking.
- Experience with Juniper Network routing devices.
- Experience with Automation (Ansible, Jinja).
- Experience with debugging tools (tcpdump, ability to read a PCAP).
- Experience with telemetry environment (netflow).
- Always thinking "What happens if this fails?"
Nice To Have
- Experience with DDoS Mitigation solutions.
- Experience with advanced telemetry (OpenConfig, gRPC).
- Strong Experience with QoS.
- Ability to write scripts (shell, python, golang) to automate tasks.
- Juniper Networks Backbone (BGP/OSPF/L3VPN).
- A10 Networks (L4 to L7).
- Adva (DWDM Metro).
- On-prem & public cloud.If this sounds like you, we want to meet you!
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.Phishing Alert
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability,marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.