We are looking for a highly hardworking, collaborative and inventive architect to be part of the F5 Security SA theatre team. As a Security architect, you will be driving the application and technology stack that protect F5 Customers and their brands from financial losses and brand reputation by designing and proposing best in breed and outstanding Application Security solution for their most valuable assets across all channels.
You will have the opportunity to work on both a diverse range of central initiatives and projects as well as to take a lead on high visibility tactical objectives. You will bring your innate sense of curiosity and ability to absorb sophisticated concepts to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You are encouraged to have a breadth of full-stack experiences including scalable micro-services architecture, front-end frameworks, and cloud, and will have an ability to quickly ramp and assess new technologies. You enjoy driving and promoting the latest F5 Security Solution, defining and support customer F5 proof-of-concepts solutions, mentoring the field Systems teams, reviewing and guiding design and feature choices for F5s next generation products, and dive into incidents when vital.
- Work with the regional Systems Engineering Directors (SED) to analyze regional business and market and define strategies
- Work in theatre Virtual solution architecture Team to ensure corporate solution alignment.
- Apply business skills and consulting methodologies to gather and analyze data, lead design discussions, and develop solutions while meeting customer expectations
- Assume lead role in working with strategic accounts (customers)
- Develop and communicate the F5 value proposition to customers and partners
- Serve as a technical specialist and evangelist for F5 product suites
- Serve as a link between customer and F5 product development and marketing
- Collect feedback from field teams and coalesce feature requirements for product management and product development
- Support account team with customer meeting preparation and delivery
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape, including appropriate documentation
- Maintain knowledge and skills by attending appropriate training and conferences and pursuing self-study
- Support pipeline development by participating in the proposal process
- Become established as the primary technical reference in the Theatre by building trust and credibility with customers; partners and internal colleagues
- Coordinates SME team and SME skill development to help them become autonomous
- Collect information from SME team to help understand regional and theatre requirements, markets, and competition
- Apply business skills and consulting methodologies to gather and analyze data, lead design, and develop solutions while meeting customer expectations
- Assume a lead support role in working with strategic accounts (customers) and strategic partners in collaboration with the Local Sales team
- Develop positive relationships with the customer’s executive decision-makers
- Focus on driving adoption of new F5 Technologies and solutions. Also generate new strategic differentiators for F5’s features and solutions
- Provide expertise and knowledge in architectural design, specification, performance and sizing
- Support large- and medium-sized strategic businesses for customers and partners handled by Account Teams and Local Sales Teams
- Provides support with technical skills by answering specific questions, designing architecture, developing POCs, settling performance and sizing, and attending customers meetings
- Conduct POCs, product demonstrations, and technical presentations for strategic customers and partners in support of the regional Sales Teams
- Applies business and technology skills with structured methodologies to deliver sophisticated solutions to the strategic customer
- Develop go to market plans with theatre VPs and Regional VPs.
Customers And Partners
- Deliver the value of the F5 security products and solutions to our top strategic accounts in each region, our gold partners, strategic SI and partners
- Speak at conferences and F5 events such as industry events, workshops, road shows, partner and customer events from all industry sectors
- Contribute to press articles, interviews and promoting views on transformation of business through usage of technology
- Plan and executes a strategy communication at the senior level with key decision makers and influencers
- Promote security vision and the strategy of F5 to increase Market shares and sales opportunities
- Form a close relationship with the Business units Product Management Teams, Key Product Manager, and the various Business Development teams.
- Gives PM and PD visibility on market and customer feature requirements and project wins and losses
- Partner with PM and PD to get information on roadmap, next product versions and strategies
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Demonstrate a strong vertical market skill and knowledge: Service Providers, Cloud, BFSI, Public Sector
- Comprehensive Security Knowledge in Security architectures, design, operations and troubleshoot
- Advanced Knowledge in DDOS and Network Security
- Advanced Web Application Firewall security knowledge - detailed understanding of vulnerabilities in web applications, API’s and Automated threats
- Advanced Authentication & Authorization (SAML, OAuth, Kerberos)
- Detailed understanding of TLS
- Solid understanding of automated threats to web applications and API’s
- Extensive knowledge of Modern Application environments:
- Knowledge in Kubernetes
- Detailed understanding of service mesh
- Advanced knowledge of automating security and DevSecOps practices
- Experience in Web Application Penetration testing and controls
- Experience in Presales as a Systems Engineer, and End to End Security Architect.
- Drives definition of end-to-end customer requirements
- Proven experience engaging in CSO/CISO level conversations
- Create and facilitate technical sales presentations
- Advanced knowledge of Data Center, Virtualization, Cloud computing and Container-based environments
- Proven experience building security reference architecture for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
- Possesses expert knowledge of the F5 product suite, including Cloud, Security and ADC
- Expert ability to generate competitive analysis
- Proven ability with helping drive customer requirements for ongoing customer success
- Proven ability with technical evangelism, via blog articles, webinars, speaking at conferences
- 8+ years’ experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
- Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, Automated Attack mitigation, Anti-DDOS, security technologies in container environments
- CISSP-ISSAP, CEC, GWAPT, CCSK Certifications, CKA/CKS
Physical Demands And Work Environment
- Job may be performed on-site at a customer facility or data center, or in an office environment sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 80% national and international, and may require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.Phishing Alert
Please note that F5 only contacts candidates through F5 email address (ending with @f5.com) or auto email notification from Yello/Workday (ending with f5.com or @myworkday.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability,marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws.This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.