Every day, people come to Facebook to connect with friends and family, discover what's going on in the world, interact with businesses, find potential customers, and build community. Facebook’s Global Operations team exists to help them. The Developer Operations team ensures that applications integrated with our platforms are high-quality and trustworthy. Working closely with other Facebook teams, we investigate and detect apps not compliant with our Platform Policies. Depending on the nature of the violation and the best user experience, we may take a variety of actions; everything from helping the developer/publisher fix the problem, to permanently removing the developer/publisher and application from our platform. We are committed to improve the platform experience for users, publishers and developers through the use of automated detection tools, strategic manual review, data analysis, guidance, and coordination with product teams. Facebook is looking for a data-driven individual to join the Developer Operations Data team. This person should be able to convey complex data insights into key drivers across our operation team. This high-performing individual should have a strong ability to leverage data to influence organizational decisions, innovate new methods for improvement, and concisely convey data insights to a general audience.
- Work with cross-functional partners to deliver best-in-class monitoring and analytics solutions for Developer Operations through dashboarding, reports and ad-hoc analysis
- Collaborate with Engineering and Data Engineering teams to identify and close the gap on tooling, data logging and data infrastructure
- Partner with Data Science teams and business partners to identify opportunities to improve operational excellence, mitigate risks in developer ecosystem and enhance developer experience
- Execute, measure progress, and communicate results of the key work being done in our space
- Utilize deep product and industry knowledge while serving as a strong cross-functional leader
- Build cross-functional relationships with Operations leaders, Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- BA/BS degree or higher in a quantitative or related field (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- 5+ years hands-on experience using data science programming languages such as SQL, Python, or R
- Hands-on experience managing and analyzing data using tools such as Tableau, Looker.
- Experience analyzing and deriving meaning from unstructured data sets
- Experience presenting research data (qualitative and quantitative) to both technical and business partners
- Experience in data architecture design and building reliable data pipelines in Python
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analyses (e.g. content analysis, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g. cluster analysis, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Experience working in an ambiguous and fast-paced operational environment, collaborating effectively with a variety of individuals and organizations to drive improvements