To give people the power to build community on our platforms, we need to make sure they have the best and most secure experiences possible. People on Central Analytics empower Facebook’s Global Operations organization to be self-sufficient in tactical decision-making and drive operations strategy through analytics, data infra, and reporting. Our key partners are embedded data teams and core functions on the business side within Global Operations; as well as Data Engineering, Data Science, Product, and Engineering partners outside of Global Operations. We are responsible for providing accurate, reliable and accessible business metrics as well as contextualizing them in operational performance with research and advanced analysis. We are looking for Data Devs who share our passion for helping make Facebook a safe place for people and businesses to connect across the world. The right candidate will be comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate and focused on positively impacting the experience of a large scale global workforce and the entire Facebook Community. They possess strong data management and manipulation skills, data visualization skills, and the ability to build strong partnerships to drive impact across the organization.This position will be based in our Singapore office supporting a global team.
- Build/maintain data infrastructure (data pipelines, aggregated data sets, reports, dashboards) to monitor the performance of our operations and drive business understanding.
- Partner with Operations, Data Science, Data Engineering, Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Apply quantitative skills and insights to inform and influence the data strategy and infra leveraged by Global Operations
- Design, implement, and monitor metrics to measure human review effectiveness
- Analyze data, conduct research and synthesize feedback into plans, processes and playbooks
- B.A. or B.S. degree with a quantitative focus in Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Statistics, Operations Research, or equivalent training
- Proficiency in querying and manipulating complex raw datasets for analysis using SQL and at least one scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc).
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker)
- Professional experience with reporting systems, data pipeline architecture and data modeling
- Experience explaining technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to varied audiences and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Advanced degree with a quantitative focus (Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, Statistics)
- Experience thinking strategically, structurally solving product problems, and driving execution
- Experience developing data pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL framework
- Experience releasing code into production
- Experience writing testable code