Are you passionate about helping those around you become more effective? Do you think about technology as a way to disrupt and reimagine how businesses operate? Is building business-focused software with modern software engineering techniques and a hacker mentality intriguing to you? Facebook is seeking a talented, full-stack Enterprise Engineer Intern to join our Enterprise Engineering group and help build applications & systems to scale the company and to enable our employees to make the world more open and connected. Enterprise Engineers work on applications & systems for various groups, including sales, marketing, recruiting, and HR. Systems we build are used by all Facebook employees as well as advertisers and agencies. We create Enterprise software the Facebook way: We build it on the facebook.com tech stack by implementing complex UIs to encapsulate business processes, designing interactive visualizations for business analytics, and securing backends to store sensitive data. At the same time, we work on real-time and big data infrastructure to process the business graph and audience data on Facebook, and generate insights through machine learning and natural language processing. This role requires a passion for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems. This is a fixed 12 week summer internship based in Singapore.
- Create elegant enterprise software applications using PHP
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- Experience in C++, Java, Perl, PHP, or Python
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities