We are seeking an engineer to design, deploy, and maintain our global factory infrastructure to provide maximum reliability of our manufacturing systems. This individual should have deep technical knowledge and have the ability to discuss and apply technical solutions to business challenges.
- Responsible for the design, deployment, and support of manufacturing systems and network infrastructure.
- Drive scalable, highly available and performant service deployments for core functions on the line such as Active Directory, BitLocker, MySQL, Symmetric DS, and custom-built applications.
- Maintain all stations on the line: Troubleshooting, Break/Fix, Imaging and Replacement
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments.
- Develop strong partnerships with third-party contract manufacturers needed to ensure seamless delivery at manufacturing sites.
- Drive priorities and schedules based on impact level and business requirements to drive to the right decisions.
- Work closely with software, data, and test engineering teams to ensure application environments and infrastructures are built and closely optimized for each other.
- Integrate security into all layers of the environment in order to protect sensitive data stored on systems at third party sites and in cloud environments.
- Ensure excellent support, stability and maximum uptime for manufacturing systems and network infrastructure across globally dispersed sites and cloud environments.
- Foster and maintain cross functional relationships with both technical and non-technical resources with a focus on data driven decision making.
- Communicate timelines, service dependencies, resource constraints and progress with key stakeholders quickly and effectively.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel required
- Technical degree at the Bachelor’s level required.
- 5+ years of Linux, Windows, and MySQL experience. (CentOS/ Ubuntu).
- 3+ years of scripting experience.
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, SCCM).
- 3+ years of experience in managing NetApp SVM and volume expansion.
- Solid understanding of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies (VMware ESX/ ESXi/ vSphere), and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support).
- Experience and knowledge in evaluating and recommending multiple modern architectures
- Ability and demonstrated talent in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, load balancers.