Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a Network Deployment Engineer responsible for the deployment and support of one of the world largest and most complex networks. As a member of this team, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in projects related to deployment & scaling of the data center and edge network of Facebook. The ideal candidate is an engineer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and constantly evolving network. A quick learner, proactive, and highly motivated engineer that is not afraid to challenge the status quo, with a creative mind to find solutions and workarounds for day-to-day problems. As a Network Deployment Engineer, she/he is not afraid to propose new ideas, gather constructive feedback from others, and push forward to make these ideas a reality.
- Deploy, configure, and support a large-scale production and corporate network and server infrastructure in data centers and Point of Presence (POP) sites in the APAC region.
- Create and/or review basic deployment packages including Engineering Design Packages (EDP), Scope of Works (SoW), Installation standards and Method of Procedures (MoP).
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes improvement.
- Create and maintain cage layout and network and server rack face elevations, floor plans, wiring diagrams, and detailed port maps for new deployments and documentation for POP sites.
- Working with vendors for installation and commissioning of optical hardware platforms such as Ciena, Infinera, Cisco WDM equipment.
- Manage equipment power/space requirements and consumption for multiple POP sites. Work with Colocation Vendors, local Engineering, Facilities Operations, to meet these requirements.
- Manage the use of telecom test sets and tools in order to find caused network issues quickly and isolate clearly within or over our network to resolve issues during pre-post deployment works.
- 10% to 30% of travel required.
- 8+ years of related work experience in deployment of optical and electrical transport networks including DWDM equipment, optical testing and optical measurement principles.
- Hands-on experience with optical communication equipment including optical amplifiers, coherent transponders and other WDM components.
- Experience with the optical network design, installation and maintenance.
- Experience of building transport networks over multiple connected locations such as using supplied bandwidth circuits, dark fibers or submarine cable capacity.
- Experience of telecom test sets and understanding of OSA/OTDR/BERT/RFC2544 testing methodology.
- Experience with field-based work in Data Centers, Colocation Facilities, or Central Office environments.
- Working knowledge of physical infrastructure design including structured cabling and fiber-optic cabling.
- Familiar with different types of fiber, connector, and pluggable transceiver.
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced global team environments and solve complex problems with limited supervision.
- 4+ years of operational or deployment knowledge and experience of submarine cable systems infrastructure, and have a good understanding of APAC regional submarine cable ecosystems.
- Working knowledge of data center power and cooling infrastructure and critical facility operational best practices.
- Experience of managing transport networks using network management system tools for monitoring and trouble shootings of own networks.