Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is seeking Lead/Senior machine learning engineers to join our engineering team. They will have industry experience working on a range of classification, recommendation and searching problems, e.g. issue detection, recommendation systems, search ranking, flow optimization. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them to build a solution system to help businesses on Facebook to address issues with using our product. They will bring the ability to own the whole Machine Learning life cycle, define strategy and projects, and drive excellence across teams.
- Consistently advance the state of Machine Learning for your problem, including setting and executing against roadmaps for 6-month+ timeframes and influencing business and product strategy.
- Define projects for other engineers to solve and achieve impact based on your direction.
- Own the full Machine Learning life cycle (https://research.fb.com/the-facebook-field-guide-to-machine-learning-video-series/) for a significant new product, including production quality.
- Code deliverables in tandem with the engineering team
- PHD in Computer Science with 3+ years or Masters in Computer Science with 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining or artificial intelligence
- Proven ability to translate insights into business recommendations
- Experience with Hadoop/HBase/Pig or MapReduce/Sawzall/Bigtable/Hive/Spark
- Expert knowledge in building and training machine learning models or developing production level Machine Learning products in Java, C++ or Python
- Expert with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PHP, and/or shell scripts
- Experience developing and debugging in Java, C++ or similar
- Experience of demonstrating technical leadership working with teams, owning projects, defining and setting technical direction for projects.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with 5+ years of machine learning related work or research, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures and distributed systems