This role is technical in nature and is responsible for providing high quality and timely IT Network Engineering support to ensure the availability, stability and performance the FNZ platforms and corporate systems.
The role is focussed on AWS cloud networking infrastructure. The role includes some element of building and supporting network Infrastructure as Code particularly for deploying changes and upgrades to existing systems.
There is also a requirement to provide some support (as part of a wider team) for physical/on-prem networking technology in our DCs, including:
· Fortinet, Checkpoint and Forcepoint firewalls
· Cisco routing and switching
· F5 LTM/GTM/APM/ASM
The team are responsible for the administration and management of all development, UAT and pre-production environments as well as internal corporate IT systems.
Availability – applications that are available when the users need them
Performance – applications that scale with user demand
Security – applications that are protected from unauthorised access and data loss
Reliability – applications that are fault tolerant with no single points of failure
Value for money – shared core infrastructure improves application delivery and reduces costs per application
Projects – new system delivery is high quality, on time and within budget
This position is part of the Infrastructure department and reports to the regional Network team lead.
Specific Role Responsibilities
Availability: Ensure that uptime SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by managing and resolving issues logs; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
Performance: Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; suggesting and implementing performance improvements and hardware/software refreshes.
Information Security: Ensure that the FNZ network and systems are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures and documenting for audit purposes as required by AAF/ISO27001; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems.
Business Continuity: Ensure that FNZ-held data is secure and backed up by: ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability; documenting resilience and backup plans for all new builds.
Training: Develop professional and technical knowledge and skills. Provide technical advice and mentoring within the team.
Project Work: Implement new projects to meet project timelines and deadlines Budget: Recommend changes to the IT manager that could reduce costs in your areas of responsibility
· Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience
· Detailed technical knowledge of AWS networking infrastructure, ideally AWS Advanced Networking Speciality certified
· Experienced with writing AWS Infrastructure as Code, Terraform preferred
· Experience and knowledge of cisco switching and routing, including Nexus (CCNA or higher)
· F5 experience (LTM/APM/ASM/GTM) highly regarded but not essential
· Experience with Checkpoint firewall management and policy implementation, including VPN (CCSA highly regarded)
· Experience with Data Center racking, cabling and connectivity
· Knowledge of Splunk, Nagios or other monitoring tools would be advantageous
· Successfully implemented Infrastructure projects
· Good team player with the ability to work independently and able to take initiative
· Superior problem solving capabilities
· Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
· Excellent time-management skills
· Excellent team communication skills