At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer, designer and product manager.
Android Engineer (Payments), APAC
We are looking for an Android Engineer to be part of our Payments squad, to support our growing regional Product team here in Singapore as part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
In the Payments squad, you will be working closely with the business teams to enhance and build our wallet solutions ground up, accelerating growth and reach of the product.
What's on the menu:
- Subject matter expert within your vertical being hands-on within the full SDLC of development, design, testing, deployment and release work
- Product owner within your vertical which includes improving and maintenance when necessary
- Take part in architectural decision making
- Ensure code quality through reviews to be align with development standards
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers
What you can bring to the table:
- Minimum 4 years experience in mobile software development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent education or practical experience
- Good command of English with ability to articulate work scope
- Hands on experience coding in Kotlin language
- Testing on a high performance level
- Architecture and design patterns (SOLID principle, MVVM/Clean Architecture)
- Scalability issues and building high performance applications that support thousands to millions of active user requests
- Setting up CI/CD pipelines for deployment and release
- Full SDLC hands on experience - Development, design, testing, deployment and release