We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing data team to help Foodpanda make smart, data-driven business decisions. If you are looking for a place where you can gain hands-on exposure and have direct impact, then this is the place for you!
What's on your plate:
- Defines and builds data pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision-making within the business
- Architect, build, and deploy new data models that provide intuitive analytics across the business
- Manage and own the entire data processing system (internally, as well as interfacing with other teams or third party services), provide advice on any necessary infrastructure changes
- Experiment with, select, and implement cutting edge Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities
- Perform all needed data transformation to populate a reporting optimised data warehouse
- Mentoring junior team members through code review and enablement training
- Participate in building dashboards, machine learning models, deliver analyses and insights to support business decision making
What you bring to the table:
- 2-4 years experience in data analytics / engineering
- Ability to write clean, structured, and high performance SQL and Python code
- Strong experience with big data, Data Warehouse technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong business mindset and ability to grasp business requirements from stakeholders
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, BI tools (Tableau, Data Studio) is a plus
- Experience in machine learning operations, or setting up environments for data scientists/machine learning engineers would be advantageous
What we can offer you:
- A vibrant and international team with multi-cultural and diverse backgrounds.
- Solving challenges with inspiring colleagues in an all hands-on deck environment.
- Management team that recognizes top performers, welcome our newbies, and shares a love for good food.
- Competitive package, incentives, allowances, food perks, insurance, pension and more.