We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to be part of our New Business squad, to support our growing regional Product team here in Singapore as part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
In the New Business squad, our goal is to define or experiment and deliver platform features that contribute to the growth of foodpanda services across different markets. Working closely with the business and the marketing teams, you would own all mechanisms on the platform that promotes growth, while improving marketing expenditure efficiency. You will define what value propositions we should focus on to make our user’s lives better and to grow adoption, usage and revenue dramatically.
What’s On The Menu
- Design and implement the platform and features which will be used across Partnerships on foodpanda.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables within autonomous teams.
- Work in a cross-functional and international team to deliver a holistic solution.
- Actively participate in the design and architectural decisions.
- Actively participate in open reviews and sharing with peers (Code reviews, ideas etc)
- Be an active partner for Product management in order to provide the best value for stakeholders and our customers.
- Proactively makes suggestions for how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the platform
- Good understanding and independent application of cloud environment, CI/CD, testing and validation
- Independently applies design patterns and best practices in reliability management (resiliency, autoscaling, monitoring, alerting)
What You Can Bring To The Table
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or practical experience.
- Overall 6 years of experience with at least 4 years in Golang
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
Extensive Experience With
- Extensive experience in a general-purpose programming language
- Experience working with distributed and parallel systems and web applications
- Design Driven Development.
- Hexagonal Architecture.
- S.O.L.I.D principles.
- Event-driven architecture.
- Good knowledge of relational & distributed databases (You should be aware of normal forms, ACID, isolation levels, index anatomy & concepts of distributed databases).
- Knowledge or experience in Microservice architecture, Redis, Elasticsearch, SQL and key-value storage, AMQP, Kubernetes/Docker
- Understanding development lifecycle and collaborate with cross-functional and international agile teams
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional)