The Professional Services Dedicated DevOps Engineer works with clients and partners remotely and/or onsite on engagements of medium-to-high complexity.
He/she focuses on project delivery work with FortiSOAR DevOps integration work. Development work would be in relation with the creation of solutions to address Cyber Security challenges, automation needs in cloud, FSOAR connectors & playbooks.
The position requires a team player with very good written and verbal communication skills who follows a structured approach for designing, developing, validating, implementing and supporting software.
Experience in the security arena – such as security products development, security operation center, or security analyst groups - would be a strong advantage.
- Understanding of the customer engagement (objectives, project scope, business and technical requirements) and DevOps requirements.
- Participates in design or scoping meetings and provides input related to the development of statements of work based on accurate analysis of customers' requirements.
- Drives and takes an active role in the various development phases (e.g. design, development, testing and validation, implementation and support).
- Develops project related documents (e.g. architecture document, operations guides)
- Assists customers through the rollout of the proposed solution.
- Assist customers in the rollout of FortiSOAR connectors & playbooks.
- Performs knowledge transfer sessions for customer’s staff.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Minimizes Fortinet’s exposure and risk on projects.
- Completes and submits internal required administrative tasks (e.g. timesheets, project reports).
- Continuously works on developing knowledge and skills to remain proficient with the relevant skills required for FSOAR & DevOps activities (e.g. language, framework, standards), Fortinet technologies, products and services – and security.
- Proficient in exploring, evaluating and integrating new technologies, programming languages, data models, or frameworks.
- With 8+ years’ experience in DevOps related job function
- Very good presentation and technical documentation skills.
- Must be able to work on flexible working hours to adapt seamlessly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Working knowledge with common network topologies and hardware such as firewalls, load balancers and servers.
- Fundamental knowledge of SSH, TCP/IP, UDP, SSL, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS and other common protocols.
- Hands-on experience in building, administering and maintaining servers, security updates and patches.
- FSOAR or other SOAR product experience is advantageous.
- Must be willing to Travel (up to 50%).
- Experience with network engineering teams, security teams or operations teams to define requirements for software solution to aid deployments/upgrades/changes/maintenance activities.
- Background in software design/architecture, OOP, object and data modelling.
- Experience in developing and improving tools to support operations and maintenance projects.
- Development of projects related to network and security automation.
- Experience in infrastructure and automation processes and tools: Ansible, Terraform, Netconf/Restconf, YANG, YML, and Puppet.
- Experience in common continuous integration tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, or Buddy.
- Strong experience in programming languages such as Python, Java, PHP, Perl, Bash, C#.
- Hands-on experience using RDBMS, and NoSQL databases.
- Experience developing, using and integrating REST API’s.
- Experience in container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with at least one major Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack).
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or management discipline and/or equivalent extensive work-related experience.
Fortinet is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We will only notify shortlisted candidates.
Fortinet will not entertain any unsolicited resumes, please refrain from sending them to any Fortinet employees or Fortinet email aliases. Should any Agency submit any resumes to Fortinet, these resumes if considered, will be assumed to have been given by the Agency free of any related fees/charges.