- Install, configure, test, deploy, administer and monitor OpenShift and IBM Cloud Pak for Data and its various service cartridges. Including but not limited to creating users, groups and roles, and security configurations such as Single Sign On and Secure Socket Layer (within application and for interaction with external database)
· Apply OpenShift and Cloud Pak for Data maintenance releases, upgrades and patches as required.
· Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis, with remote support from IBM Technical Support for OpenShift and Cloud Pak for Data.
- Deliver technical architecture related information, support technical discovery sessions, assist architect/ team lead as required, and respond to architecture, infrastructure, and security questions as required.
- Support functional discovery sessions, and respond to functional questions as required.
- Communicate recommendations regarding hardware specifications, networking requirements, and storage sizing to stakeholders.
- Interact with IBM Technical Support and IBM Technical Sales as required to verify, discuss and close issues or questions that arise.
- Provide pre- and post-implementation documentation, including but not limited to interface specifications, requirements and design documentation, configuration documentation, user manuals, user guides
- Plan, design, support and record integration testing findings with external database or other software as required.
- Engineer application implementations based on requirements and sizing assessments.
- Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system and application problems, including performance and SLA of application.
- Work directly with external customers and interface with other internal and external support teams and vendors.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders highlighting any risks or blockers with recommendations to remediate and work around identified issues
5+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux supporting enterprise class applications, including experience in the following areas:
· Good knowledge in Python 3.6 (and newer) and R programming languages
· Intermediate capabilities in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
· Knowledge in file systems and security
· Linux administration and shell scripting
- VMware-based cloud computing environments (compute, storage, networking, etc.)
- Containerized software applications and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Deployment, administration and maintenance of on-premise private cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with RedHat OpenShift 3.11 architecture products and solutions, including architecture design, installation, configuration and testing
- Experience in installation, configuration and deployment of RedHat Openshift 3.11 and Cloud Pak for Data 2.5 (and/or newer) products
- Experience in going through OS and application security hardening in Singapore Government agency setting, including but not limited to deployments in Singapore Government Data Center
- Various authentication such as LDAP (MS Active Directory and OpenLDAP), SAML 2.0 and OIDC.
- Experience in integrating with IBM Security Access Manager for authentication and authorization advantageous.
- Reverse proxy configuration and scripting (ISAM, Apache, NGINX or other web server providers)
- Middleware / Web-based applications (tcserver, apache, JBoss, etc.)
- Integrated IBM Cloud Pak for Data with IBM DB2.
- Demonstrable expertise in use of various Cloud Pak for Data service cartridges, including but not limited to visualizations and dashboards, data catalogues, ETL tools, Jupyter notebooks and R Studio environments