As a Senior Data Scientist, your role is to understand the needs of the business and use data to derive a solution that you will then present, implement, and track. In addition to having a knack for problem-solving, it is absolutely crucial that you are willing to learn, understand, and hear the needs of our people. Working within a small team, you will be working on various data products for Funding Societies.
We solve challenging problems. As long as you are adding value to the business, you are your own boss. You’ll get loads of support from your friendly, talented and motivated colleagues with no micromanagement. While the way we work may not suit everyone, individuals thrive in our environment if they are humble, love autonomy and enjoy life changing professional challenges.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Developing credit risk models that will determine loan eligibility, as well as repayment/ default predictions
- Developing the predictive models that will determine pricing and interest rates
- Take an active role in monitoring and adjusting all models
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis, when needed
- Building, validating, testing and deploying models
- Communicating solution approaches effectively to stakeholders
- Testing, measuring, acting on projects that drive the business
- Finding innovative and creative ways to obtain new sources of data
Qualifications / Requirements
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field (Masters or PhD preferred)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, S3, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using leading BI/visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Sisense, Periscope, etc.
- Previous experience in credit analytics (SME financing exposure preferred)
- Ability to develop server-side applications, Unix environment experience
- Comfortable with semi-structured and unstructured data
- Independent learner who enjoys technical challenges
- Good communication skills in order to turn your results into actionable insights that business teams use
- Having a growth mindset in a rapidly expanding company where you may be tasked to occasionally operate outside your job scope