Automation & Robotics design and develop various automation & robotics system to help increase the labor productivity of the GE MRO Shop and eliminate high labor content non-value work. The candidate will work in the Singapore Automation and Robotics Centre of Excellence.
- Work with end-users to develop concept, design, test, debug and commission customized semi and fully automatic machines to improve labor productivity, improve process efficiency, reduce quality defects, improve safety & overcoming repair technical challenges
- Write and troubleshoot robotic & automate equipment and HMI & PLC programming
- Research and develop new ideas and concept to enhance company’s performance and competitiveness in the field of industrial automation and robotics
- Work with external vendors and system integrators to deliver Automated and Robotic equipment
- Generate and outline project schedule to keep all stakeholders up-to-date promptly
- Conduct research on material removers, vision and sensor systems, adaptive machining and other technologies
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Engineering or related discipline
- At least 3 years’ experience in development of robotics (Fanuc/ABB) and design automated systems in production shop floor environment.
- Minimum three years’ experience i n-depth hands-on working experiences with customized HMI, robotic, PLC and C/C++/C# programming. Knowing of mechanical & electrical design and CNC programming or vision systems would be a plus.
- Good and strong knowledge in designing, setting-up and troubleshooting Robotic systems (Fanuc, ABB, Kuka or UR) is a must.
- Experience using 3D modeling software such as NX, Solid works is an added advantage.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Able to perform work under relatively stressful environment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Responsible, accountability and dependable of good work
- Team player; able to work across functions and coordinate actions with different departments
- Good time management and strong organizational skills, with ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and customer needs.
- Prepared to be hands-on and work along with all levels
- Knowledge in Six Sigma & LEAN Manufacturing is advantages