Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who You Are
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Solutions Engineer who will leverage a deep understanding of the Geotab product suite from a technical perspective in order to identify and build solutions best suited for unique customer needs.
What You'll Do
A critical part of this position is to assist the Geotab Sales Teams in pre-sales opportunities and pilots. This role will also support requests for Big Data initiatives, which include ensuring open communication with the Data and Analytics team. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Maintain technical knowledge of the Geotab ecosystem and act as the SME to enable end-users to better understand Geotab solutions.
- Maintain documentation for all ongoing projects and tasks.
- Meet and/or communicate with customers to discuss technology needs.
- Strategize with sales teams to create unique business solutions.
- Support sales teams with escalated technical related queries.
- Draft and deliver presentations on targeted products.
- Act as a point of escalation for opportunities with existing clients.
- Participate in engineering product and integration projects.
- Support end-user requirements in special projects.
- Build and maintain industry-specific custom reports.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining new Geotab products.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What You’ll Bring To This Role
- 1-3 years in a technical sales or account management position.
- Strong aptitude for understanding technical and business requirements.
- A strong understanding of the regulations in place for transportation services (e.g. OBD, SAE vehicle standards).
- Knowledge of vehicle circuitry and CAN communication.
- Understanding of serial data interfaces and communication.
- Knowledge of programming logic and understanding is highly valued.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Excellent written communication skills, able to document technology solutions in precise detail, while also being able to summarize it succinctly.
- Strong interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve to well-judged decisions.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have the flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
How We Work
At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Remote work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.