The Technology Group (TG) is a key enabler to keep our business moving forward and is constantly exploiting state-of-the-art information technologies to enhance GIC’s ability to be the leading global long-term investment firm. We aim to provide users with empowering and transformational capabilities, and to create an inclusive, innovative and integrated work environment.
We are looking for potential talents to join a dynamic and experienced team of GIC level 3 database engineers. You will be involved in challenging yet rewarding projects and be exposed to state-of-the-art database technologies on both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Provide technical support, advice for the implementation of database platform solutions to application development group.
- Ensure compliance with IT security standards, policies and procedures for database implementation and operations.
- Devise, enhance and engineer solutions to automate regular database re-organization and maintenance to ensure optimum operation of databases.
- Provision and design database with HA and DR capability that meet business SLA.
- Perform major database patching and upgrades.
- Monitor and tune complex database performance.
- Respond to database related issues and troubleshoot until resolution.
- Script and automate database workflows and processes.
- Work closely with L2 teams to ensure optimal BAU service delivery within SLA.
- Engineer solutions from the database platform to serve business needs.
- Evaluate and implement database platform technologies to provide new capabilities.
- Expect to work occasionally on weekends as required and participate in rotational standby duties.
- With Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years' relevant working experience in database administration and design.
- Strong experience in database performance tuning and good knowledge of Database security standards.
- In-depth Knowledge of database technologies Oracle (12c, 19c, RAC, Data Guard) and SQL Server (2016, 2019, Always ON, Clustering)
- Good Knowledge of Public cloud database platform technologies in AWS/Azure such as RDS Postgres, SQL Server, Redshift, Dynamo DB and AWS Glue.
- Skilled in scripting using Unix shell scripting, PowerShell and T-SQL.
- A team player who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative environment and has the drive to learn and excel in new frontier of data technologies.
- This role will handle high security systems and confidential databases, hence eligibility for category 1 security clearance is required.
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.