We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated and technically competent individual to join us as Associate/AVP, Data Engineer. You’ll be specialising in the data domain, involve in a high-pace data engineering team that is delivering and supporting GIC data needs.
- Work closely with data analysts and business end-users to implement and support data platforms using best-of-breed technology and methodology.
- Conduct requirement workshop with stakeholders and analyse requirements holistically.
- Design robust and scalable solutions to meet business needs and takes operational considerations into account. Demonstrate technical expertise in the assigned area.
- Analyse, tackle and resolve day-to-day operational incidents and advisory to business users
- Analyse systems operations data (SLAs, customer satisfaction, delivery quality, team efficiency etc.) to identify actionable trends for continual improvements.
- Play an active role in the project coordinating between internal resources and third parties/vendors for project execution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience in data modelling and data integration, preferably in an investment and banking environment.
- Familiar with enterprise databases using database technologies (PL/SQL, SQL)
- Good knowledge of Linux family of operating systems.
- Exposure and knowledge in any of the following technologies is advantageous:
- Data Visualisation – Tableau
- Data Storage & Processing – SnowFlake
- Data Virtualisation - Denodo
- Programming and Scripting Language
- Shell Script
- RESTful Data API
- Experienced with the Systems Development Life Cycle implementation methodology (SDLC) and/or agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban.
- A pro-active team player, with strong analytical skills and enjoy complex problem solving with innovative ideas.
- Ability to work closely with data analysts, business end-users and vendors to design and develop solutions.
- Understand the importance of data integrity and accuracy, which are key essentials for our business operations.
Our PRIME Values
GIC is a values driven organization. GIC’s PRIME Values act as our compass, enabling us to fulfil our fundamental purpose and objectives. It is the foundational bedrock which governs our behaviors, our decision making, and our focus. It informs both our long-term strategy as a firm, and the way we relate to our Client, business partners and employees. PRIME stands for Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence.