We are looking for Android Engineers for our Customer Platforms team in Singapore. As an Android Engineer you will be building tools span across 20 products. Because our work affects across the teams, You get an opportunity to work with engineers who are part of Transport, Food Delivery, C2C logistics and Mobile Payments space at a really interesting combinations of scale and complexity.
The focus of this role is to continuously improve with the overall Gojek consumer app design and layout to delight and engage more users; Primarily focusing on: Gojek’s Home screen, Order History, and My account pages.
What You Will Do
- Research, design, test, deploy & maintain high performance Android applications which is used by customers & partners
- Modifying existing software to correct error, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve the performance
- Analysing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Overseeing the writing of the program code and ensure the usability and stability of the app
- Debugging and root cause analysis
- Analysing and maintaining product features
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 1 year of experience with Android development
- Proficient in Kotlin programming, RxJava and the Android APIs.
- Strong knowledge in Android Apps architecture and implementation
- Ability to write model code for functional and nonfunctional requirements and help improve the code quality standard across the team
- Working experience with popular libraries for networking, async, image loading etc.
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
About The Team
Our Customer Platforms team consists of 70+ zealous folks from various disciplines working towards a common mission. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. Our main responsibility is to build growth tools covering experimentation, discovery, personalization, and promotions at a scale that spans across 20 products. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our consumers/driver partners in an effort to solve their daily problems.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to jump over technical barriers and provide sustainable solutions, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies, and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix marathons, anyone?😜).
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.