At Gojek, engineering is central to everything we do: bringing our ideas to life and into the lives of our users. As our Data Engineer for the Commerce Enablement group, you’ll be part of the team building some of the most critical products for Gojek’s merchant-partners. You'll take the wheel in managing the end-to-end data pipeline, create and maintain our data warehouse, and drive big data solutions for the platform.
Product Managers, BI Analytics, and Product Engineers will be your companions during this ride. You’ll have ample opportunity to flex your data and software engineering abilities, playing an integral role in building a large, scalable data engineering platform that'll be utilized throughout the company.
What You Will Do
- Design, implement, and manage end-to-end data pipelines (ETL, data streaming, and warehousing) to ensure data is easily accessible for analysis
- Integrate with third-party APIs for accessing external data
- Create and maintain data warehouses for reporting or analysis
- Consult and partner with engineering and product teams to execute data-related product initiatives
- Evaluate existing tools/solutions for every new use case and build one if necessary
What You Will Need
- At least have 4 years of experience in Data Engineering role
- Ability to write clean and structured in SQL, bash scripts, and Python (or similar languages)
- Solid understanding of database technologies
- Experience in building automated, scalable, and robust data processing systems
- Experience with data warehouse systems (e.g. Redshift/Bigquery) and batch/semi-online building blocks (e.g. MapReduce, Spark)
- Experience in working with large scale quantitative data
- Ability to quickly resolve performance and systems incidents
About The Team
The Commerce Enablement team is a family of 120+ engineers based in Jakarta, Singapore, and India. We consistently strive to implement solutions that allow our merchant-partners in Indonesia (and the greater Southeast Asian region) to sell their products both online and offline. We also work to improve the merchant-partner experience by product innovation and integration with the rest of the Gojek ecosystem.
Internally, we promote a culture of engineering excellence, learning, and guided career growth. We advocate sustainable engineering practices, innovation, and working smart more so than working hard. We aim to be a world-class organization, implementing world-class solutions, with world-class engineers leading the way.
Our portfolio of products include merchant-facing solutions that enable our subscribed merchant-partners to sell their goods and services both online and offline. Southeast Asia is a highly dynamic market, where products have to react promptly to market trends and shifts, and where product managers and business leads need the flexibility to experiment and iterate fast. With that in mind, from an engineering perspective, our challenges are to evolve a general platform for e-commerce that is sufficiently versatile to support rapid product iterations across multiple products, as well as scaling up to an ever-growing user-base. To tackle these challenges, we have adopted event-driven architectural patterns in our engineering designs, as well as agile practices across all our day-to-day processes.
This COVID era has been hard on all of us. Off-hours, we are doing our best to stay in touch and continue to bond through fun, playful online activities. Once COVID is over, we are looking forward to resuming our regular team-wide social activities such as dinner-and-drinks evenings and team off-sites.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.