At Gojek, engineering is central to everything we do: bringing our ideas to life and into the lives of our users. As our Data Engineer for the Commerce Enablement group, you’ll be part of the team building some of the most critical products for Gojek’s merchant-partners. You'll take the wheel in managing the end-to-end data pipeline, create and maintain our data warehouse, and drive big data solutions for the platform. Product Managers, BI Analytics, and Product Engineers will be your companions during this ride. You’ll have ample opportunity to flex your data and software engineering abilities, playing an integral role in building a large, scalable data engineering platform that'll be utilized throughout the company.
What You Will Do
- Design, implement, and manage end-to-end data pipelines (ETL, data streaming, and warehousing) to ensure data is easily accessible for analysis
- Integrate with third-party APIs for accessing external data
- Create and maintain data warehouses for reporting or analysis
- Consult and partner with engineering and product teams to execute data-related product initiatives
- Evaluate existing tools/solutions for every new use case and build one if necessary
What You Will Need
- At least have 4 years of experience in Data Engineering role
- Ability to write clean and structured in SQL, bash scripts, and Python (or similar languages)
- Solid understanding of database technologies
- Experience in building automated, scalable, and robust data processing systems
- Experience with data warehouse systems (e.g. Redshift/Bigquery) and batch/semi-online building blocks (e.g. MapReduce, Spark)
- Experience in working with large scale quantitative data
- Ability to quickly resolve performance and systems incidents
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.