Gojek is committed to creating a safe and trusted platform for all of our users. As our Data Scientist, you’ll be an integral part of our ad-tech team which is responsible for building an advertising platform with a wide range of products to support demand and supply stakeholders. Your efforts will allow micro, small and medium-sized merchants and enterprises (MSMEs) to advertise on Gojek’s digital assets seamlessly. The folks over in the Engineering, Product, and Business teams will be your companions on this ride, as well. You’ll have ample opportunity to utilize your stellar team management skills and knowledge in statistics/ML fundamentals, leveraging on a robust data infrastructure within a fast-paced, agile work environment.
What You Will Do
- Design, train, quantize and deploy Deep Learning/Computer Vision models
- Partner with engineering, product and business teams to conceive, design, & build data science solutions to enhance the AdTech platform and ads experience
- Develop innovative techniques and statistical models to operationalize team’s strategies and processes
- Use these techniques to analyze large datasets involving images, videos and real-time sensor data data to surface patterns and insights
- Rapidly prototype solutions and drive/be involved in product and feature discussions
- Be actively involved in taking models to production for (streaming services) and batch applications
- Identify key business metrics and recommend product features if needed
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience in Deep Learning/Computer Vision or NLP
- Familiarity with essential data science/vision libraries, including Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, OpenCV, PIL and Matplotlib
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow/Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, NCNN
- Practical knowledge of image/video processing techniques and in the computer vision domain
- Strong quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to break down and frame business problems into data science solutions, create MVP out of it, and run a DS project independently end-to-end
- Strong communication skills to engage with business stakeholders, understand their needs, and effectively communicate the results of the analytical solutions
About The Role
Our Data Science team is a group of over 15 team members based across Singapore, India and Indonesia. Our role is to build critical ML components/models into the engineering systems to ensure our Ads platform is easy to adopt by businesses in Southeast Asia and beyond. Our team members come from varied backgrounds, and bring with them a wide set of skills and expertise (mathematics, statistics, machine learning, structured learning, among others) which we utilize to solve the complex business problems we're presented. We are enthusiastic about data science techniques and methods, as well as the business impacts of our models, and have numerous team forums where lively sharing discussions and presentations occur.
When we aren’t working, you’d probably find us whipping up new recipes in the kitchen, reading up on the latest best sellers, or trying to survive a brutal YouTube HIIT workout at home. We focus on nurturing and supporting one another both personally and professionally, and work together to get the job done.