Fasten your helmet and climb aboard if you’re ready to be a Data Scientist with us. In this role, you will be an integral player in the Demand and Incentives Data Team based in Singapore. With the latest cutting-edge data science tech at your disposal, you'll focus your efforts on bringing our incentive systems to the next level, employing various quantitative techniques such as Machine Learning, Optimization, Simulation, Bayesian Techniques to drive asymmetric values for our business at Gojek. You'll be heavily involved in ideation, research, and building prototypes, and the folks in the Data Science Platform will be your companions on this ride as they'll bring your models to production. Your efforts will directly influence the stability and scalability of Gojek's demand & incentives stream, and thus to company's top and bottom line as a whole.
What You Will Do
- Drive the long term vision of the Machine Learning-based incentive systems, and own its implementation end-to-end
- Enhance the technical excellence of the team and bring the data science products in your stream to the next level
- Work with other Data Scientists, Machine Learning Engineers, and Business users to build, deploy, and scale data science solutions for incentive systems
- Utilize your experience in data science, machine learning, software engineering, distributed systems to develop these systems; work with the platform team to take the systems to production
- Work with Business teams to continuously refine and improve the systems to cater to ever-changing Gojek needs
What You Will Need
- At least 3 years of experience, with solid understanding of Data Science and Machine Learning fundamentals and experience taking Data Science models into production
- Experience in Python, R, Golang/Java, Unix; along with knowledge of good software design principles and TDD
- Working knowledge of Cloud-based solutions (GCP/ AWS), Stream Data Processing Frameworks (Beam) and mature Deep Learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow/ Pytorch)
- Proven experience in understanding Business needs and formulating Data Science solutions to solve these issues
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Knowledge of Causal Inference
- A Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Statistics or a similar field
About The Team
Our Demand and Incentives team is a part of the Loyalty, Incentives, and Monetization (LPM) Data team which consists of 5 members (Decision Scientists, Data Scientists, and Business Intelligence folks). The team is distributed across Indonesia and Singapore. Working alongside the CRM, Growth, and Consumer Care streams (just to name a few), we oversee all things data when it comes to increasing demand and issuing incentives. This includes designing an efficient loyalty program and the best data driven communication channels for our users. For instance, should you have a question about which incentives to offer our customers to keep them engaged on the platform, we are your people!
Currently, our team has been hard at work building a machine learning-based voucher allocation system which will recommend catered incentives to our users at the optimal time. We're a tight-knit group made up of crypto-enthusiasts, national badminton champions, and movie fanatics. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.