At Gojek, engineering is central to everything we do: bringing our ideas to life and into the lives of our users. As our Senior Software Engineer for the Commerce Enablement group, you’ll be part of the team building some of the most critical products for Gojek’s merchant-partners. Working alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry across design, product, and engineering, you’ll focus your efforts on designing and implementing products for a massive network of small, medium and large businesses, improving overall application performance, code structure, and developing robust, well-designed software systems. Your ownership, drive, and passion will help provide for a world-class user experience and heightened stability of our CE products, and directly augment the growth of millions of Southeast Asian merchant-partners.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, and manage multiple secure and reliable web applications that process and manage transactions
- Communicate with UI/UX and Research teams to conduct further improvements
- Adapt and implement the latest technical trends in web application to support and enhance the product’s quality
- Be responsible for product compatibility across devices
- Actively participate in specification planning with Back-end and QA engineers
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years of experience working front-end on desktop and mobile web platforms
- Well-versed in other non-vanilla languages like TypeScript
- Well-versed in standard front-end framework such as ReactJS
- Well-versed with CSS preprocessors & modern CSS frameworks
- Good understanding of basic front-end security aspects and how to mitigate them
- Good understanding of web technology in various mobile operating systems
- Ability to scope and review user stories and translate them into an actionable items
About The Team
The Commerce Enablement team is a family of 120+ engineers based in Jakarta, Singapore, and India. We consistently strive to implement solutions that allow our merchant-partners in Indonesia (and the greater Southeast Asian region) to sell their products both online and offline. We also work to improve the merchant-partner experience by product innovation and integration with the rest of the Gojek ecosystem. Internally, we promote a culture of engineering excellence, learning, and guided career growth. We advocate sustainable engineering practices, innovation, and working smart more so than working hard. We aim to be a world-class organization, implementing world-class solutions, with world-class engineers leading the way. Our portfolio of products include merchant-facing solutions that enable our subscribed merchant-partners to sell their goods and services both online and offline. Southeast Asia is a highly dynamic market, where products have to react promptly to market trends and shifts, and where product managers and business leads need the flexibility to experiment and iterate fast. With that in mind, from an engineering perspective, our challenges are to evolve a general platform for e-commerce that is sufficiently versatile to support rapid product iterations across multiple products, as well as scaling up to an ever-growing user-base. To tackle these challenges, we have adopted event-driven architectural patterns in our engineering designs, as well as agile practices across all our day-to-day processes. This COVID era has been hard on all of us. Off-hours, we are doing our best to stay in touch and continue to bond through fun, playful online activities. Once COVID is over, we are looking forward to resuming our regular team-wide social activities such as dinner-and-drinks evenings and team off-sites.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.