As our Product Engineer, you’ll be a valuable member of our Cartography team - Gojek’s mapping platform. You’ll take the wheel in designing, developing, and deploying highly performant location-based services to be used by the core Gojek businesses. Collaborating with the Cartography Data Science team, you’ll turn their models into useful and highly scalable services, and develop features that aid manual curation and the fine-tuning of location data with the Ops team. Your efforts will ensure that complex business and mapping problems are translated into workable solutions, ultimately providing mapping products that improve our customer and product experience.
What You Will Do
- Design, develop, and deploy highly performant location-based services to be used by the core Gojek businesses
- Collaborate closely with the Cartography Data Science team to turn their models into useful and highly scalable services
- Work with the Ops team to develop features that help manual curation and fine tuning of location data
- Be responsible for the entire life cycle of stories that will be made for team projects, from their initial development to their improvement stages
- Actively supporting your Actively support the tracking and reporting execution metrics within your Team
What You Will Need
- At least 4 years of experience years of experience in software development with a serious open source track record
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications in any language or stack
- Deep knowledge of different databases (SQL / NoSQL) and their tradeoffs. We primarily use Redis, PostgreSQL + PostGIS, and ElasticSearch; familiarity with any is a plus
- Proficiency in OOP, including design patterns; experience with functional programming is a plus
- A generalist skill set, able to work on backend systems or frontend code
- Knowledge of Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Load / Stress Testing, and Test Driven Development
- Ability to mentor a team of engineers who ship code and tackle complex engineering problems
About The Team
Our Cartography team, based in Singapore and Jakarta, is a platform team that surfaces mapping technologies needed by all internal product teams and business units within Gojek. In simpler terms, we make maps fit for our users' needs and provide geospatial insights across the company. At the heart of Gojek’s businesses, we move things around - whether that’s people, food, packages, or fresh groceries. This boils down to knowing the best routes, predicting traffic patterns, and knowing our region like the back of our hand.
We continuously build data products for ETA prediction, mapping error detection, map-matching, location search and ranking, and reverse geocoding. One of our most successful implementations was the generation of new pickup points via unsupervised learning and NLP. We've since deployed the pickup points generation and ETA prediction models in our main markets, and have our sights set on scaling these features to the wider region and beyond.
We’re a tight-knit, high-functioning team who genuinely love what we do, as we can see the results of our efforts play out in our users' everyday lives. When we aren’t working, you’d probably find us with our noses in books, or our eyes glued to the TV screen watching the latest Korean dramas. We also prioritize self-care and wellness, and are equally concerned with each others’ personal and professional developments.
Gojek is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, education status, or any other legally protected status.