If you’re looking to be a part of a dynamic, highly-analytical team who enjoys building creative solutions for users, look no further. As our Senior Software Engineer for the Customer Platforms team, you will use your technical expertise to deliver quality service and value to our users. You will be handed the reins in the system design and creating technical solutions, and will even get to drive innovation in efforts to improve the engineering process for the wider engineering team. Specifically, as a part of the team who is the guardian of Gojek home page, you will be responsible of several critical services such as Grid service which is a dashboard and entry point for all the Gojek services, Shortcut service, a smart Assistant to offer user one click booking experience, and lots of more exciting features in the pipeline. The cherry on top: your work will span across the Transport, Food Delivery, C2C logistics and Mobile Payments space at interesting combinations of scale and complexity.
What You Will Do
- Translate growth objectives into quick prototypes, iterative MVPs, A/B experiments, evaluate and then upgrade into scalable and extensible design
- Pair with team members on functional and nonfunctional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals and improvements to code quality across the team
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Coordinate with cross functional teams (Product, Mobile, DevOps, UX, Data Science, Data Engineering, QA etc.) on planning and execution
- Building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments
- Own the architectural design, support, and strategy for various platform microservices
- Research new technologies and tools, speak and participate in tech conferences to carry the Gojek brand throughout the community
What You Will Need
- Should at least have 4 years of experience in designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications on Golang/Java
- Proficient in OOP, SQL, Design Patterns. Experience with functional programming is a plus
- Data modelling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Good with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
- Experience in designing and implementing low latency RESTful/GRPC services
- Experience troubleshooting server performance - memory issues, GC tuning, resource leaks etc
Our Customer Platforms team consists of 40+ zealous folks from various disciplines working towards a common mission. As Nasi Goreng is to the people of Indonesia, we are to Gojek: providing the nourishment to sustain our business from the inside out. Our main responsibility is to build growth tools covering experimentation, discovery, personalization, and promotions at a scale that spans across 20 products. How does one achieve this, you may ask? By collaborating diligently with our consumers/driver partners in an effort to solve their daily problems.
As a team, we’re concerned not only with the growth of the company, but each other’s personal and professional growths, too. Along with a common drive to solve problems, our team bonds over our shared love for tea, movies and TV shows. With WFH becoming more normalized, you best believe we’ve been sharing our favorite ways to prioritize a healthy work-life balance at home (Netflix, anyone?😜).