Roll up your sleeves and climb on board if you’re ready to be our next Software Engineer. In this role, you will be an integral player in the Data Science Platform team based across Singapore and Indonesia. Focusing heavily on building end-to-end Machine Learning frameworks that directly impact our products, you will use your experience in software engineering, data systems, distributed systems, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and deep learning to develop these systems and take them into production. In our humble opinion, the coolest part is that your work will directly influence the success of the Data Science team!
What You Will Do
- Design and build our Machine Learning Platform to help Data Scientists productionize their models and features faster
- Engineer high-reliability, high-performance services for sophisticated ML-driven functionality
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to optimize ML models for high-throughput, low-latency use cases
- Build internal tools and interfaces to improve the productivity of the team and improve the accessibility of our products
What You Will Need
- At least 5 years as a Software Engineer, with fluency and experience in either Go, Python, or Java
- Data Science knowledge and familiarity with ML libraries such as Pandas, Scikit, Tensorflow, xgboost, Keras
- Proven track-record building large-scale, high-throughput, low-latency production systems
- Prior experience developing for and debugging Big Data and stream processing frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, and Flink
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures/ design patterns
- Passion for Agile software development practices such as test-driven development, pair programing, etc.
- Experience with relational databases, non-relational databases, cloud environments and cloud deployment technology (Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Working knowledge of ML frameworks such as TFX, Kubeflow, and MLflow
About the Team
Our Data Science Platform team, a subsidiary of the Marketplace Data team, consists of 15 Machine Learning and Infrastructure Engineers based in Singapore. Working alongside the Data Science teams, the team is unique in its charter as an enabler of Data Science and Machine Learning systems at production scale in a hyper-growth unicorn. You may know us as the creators of open-source MLops technologies such as as Feast, Merlin, and Turing, and internal tools such as Clockwork. Our products are used in mission-critical parts of Gojek’s product offerings, such as dynamic pricing, driver allocation, food recommendations, and fraud prevention.
We are a tight-knit group made up of exercise-buffs, amateur gamers and (wannabe) whiskey connoisseurs. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!