Strap on your helmet and climb on board if you’re ready to be our next Software Engineer. Based in Singapore, you will be the go-to expert in at least one technology stack and has a working understanding of challenges in the others. You will be responsible for balancing the demand/supply between customers and drivers and ensure that the match between customer and driver optimizes on customer experience, driver experience, and business metrics.
You will be part of the group that owns, improves, and manages Gojek's liquidity & experience across the Mobility Marketplace. We are responsible for the pillars of technology, science, and strategy across the supply-and-demand matching of over two billion global orders yearly since 2019.
What You Will Do
- Drive the story development by pairing with team members on functional and non-functional requirements and spread design philosophy, goals, and improvements to code quality across the team
- Build and manage automated build/test/deployment environments
- Ensure and maintain code quality and automated test coverage within the team
- Own the entire lifecycle of feature development, test, deployment, fixes, and improvements
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (Product, Mobile, Data Science, Data and QA, etc.) on planning and execution
What You Will Need
- Should have at least 2 years of relevant experience. Hands-on in either Clojure, Golang, or Java
- Well-versed with Agile methodologies, TDD and Test Engineering and Automation
- Experience in some of the technologies that are popular in our platform: Kafka, RabbitMQ, Postgres, Redis, Terraform & Aerospike
- Experience with functional programming is a plus. Data modeling experience in Relational and NoSQL databases
About The Team
The Marketplace Product Development team at Gojek handles the hardest quantitative problems related to improving Gojek's real-time marketplace. We are responsible for the pillars of technology, science, and strategy across supply and demand. More specifically, we optimally match customer orders across Gojek (Food, Transport, etc.) with the right driver-partners at the optimum price and time. We are the brains of Gojek's on-demand nature, matching millions of orders every day. The efficiency of our matching technology directly impacts customer and driver-partner experience, as well as the unit economics of the platform.
Combating remote work has brought us even closer, with frequent catch-ups over tea and sharing ways we have been keeping ourselves sane. Along with our desire to utilize smart technology and innovative engineering strategies to make people’s lives easier, our team also bonds over our shared love for reading, gaming, and drinking lots of coffee. We work hard and play hard, and believe it or not, we actually enjoy each other’s company!