Client Asset Protection - Client Assets Engineering is at the core of Client Protection and Collateral Management functions for Goldman Sachs Globally. Our platform is responsible for the segregation of customer assets, implementing complex optimization calculations and controls across business functions and asset classes which are governed and monitored by regulation across various jurisdictions (US-SEC/FINRA, UK-FCA, JP-FSA). Our platforms manage client assets worth ~1Trillion in segregation and facilitate funding opportunity on client margin worth ~100Billion for the firm.
Responsibilities And Qualifications
Challenging work – what will you do?
- Design and implement new securities segregation flows, crucial in following banking regulatory requirements while caring for firm’s liquidity.
- Use primarily Java and SQL to develop effective data processing and calculations. You might be also expected to work with Spring, Kafka, Hazelcast technology stack to develop subset of flows.
- Solve challenging technical problems. Ensure data correctness while processing of millions of rows a day
- Build relationships with end users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes.
- Works as part of global team spread across Singapore, Warsaw, New York and London
- Gain gradually a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes.
We Are Looking For Candidates Who Have
- Strong technical skills (Java, DB2 database, scripting) with extensive experience in design & hands-on coding following SDLC standards
- Prior experience with people management
- Fast learner who can pick up existing applications (functionally & technically)
- Prior experience leading & delivering projects independently and working in global project team setup
- Work closely with Operations users globally to handle day to day support & function
- Experience of being a support escalation point and handling more significant support issues
- Ability to work with users on prioritisation
- Experience or a strong interest in investment banking or financial products is a plus
- Experience with big data concepts (we use Hadoop for Data Lake)
- Experience with near real time transactional systems like Kafka
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems