As a Cloud Engineer, you will collaborate with software engineers to deploy and operate GIR systems in AWS. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes with a focus on security. We use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless post mortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work. GIR’s culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. You will be responsible for identifying the right tools, technologies and procedures for the GIR cloud platform.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will work on a diverse set of technologies, many open source, and find where their interests lie.
- We sit with our business counterparts and are exposed, daily, to their thought processes, allowing us to apply relevant technology solutions to the problems they face.
- Cloud platform engineers will manage availability, latency, scalability, security and efficiency of GIR services by engineering reliability into software and systems.
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 2+ years’ relevant commercial experience
- A strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
- Willingness to collaborate with our business partners to understand and implement their requirements
- Experience with software development lifecyles methodologies, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and associated tools
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Experience in network, service and application monitoring
- Cloud Infrastructure build out, DevOps/DevSecOps experience on AWS Public Cloud
- Infrastructure as Code