We own, evolve and support the technology platforms that handle the post-execution processing for the Securities Execution, Prime Clearing, and Prime Brokerage businesses. This includes exchange and broker trade processing, internal firm/firm trades and client delivery across physical and synthetic products. We are at the start of a multi-year convergence program to deliver all of these businesses onto a single, high scalable platform, enabling business growth with reduced operational costs.
We’re looking for highly technical, commercially minded, software engineers who enjoy seeing things done differently to join us on this exciting journey.
About The Team
Our team consists of 17 people in Singapore and around 70 globally. Almost all of our projects are cross-location and cross-function, meaning we work directly with Front Office, Operations, Legal, Tax, and our Engineering colleagues from those areas, across the wider firm.
We work directly with Operations and Securities sales/trading, to design and implement, a wide range of functions including trade aggregators, trade matchers, payment systems, intercompany trade booking and settlement systems, and connectivity to exchanges, counterparties and vendors. Our Exception Workflow and Business Intelligence tooling allows our Operations teams to respond to client enquiries and monitor service levels.
Our Post Execution platform consists of a variety of applications that demand high throughput, performance and availability, including our strategic new Post Execution Sequencer platform which is a brand new/greenfield initiative to converge all of our businesses onto a single technology platform, to proving much better scalability, improved resiliency and reducing the time needed to develop and deliver new features.
Highly-developed analytical and technical skills, combined with a commercial and collaborative approach to problem solving, are essential to our success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for transaction cost analytics and execution research
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems.
- Design distributed computation infrastructure and libraries to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data.
- Design, build and maintain applications to monitor performance of trading strategies in relation to the market in real time.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Core Java Developement
- Experience of developing and managing high volume, distributed, real-time transaction processing systems
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and Business Driven Development
- Experience with OO design, performant data structures and algorithms.
- Experience of databases (SQL, NoSQL)
- Linux / Unix skills including scripting (shell)
- Beneficial background knowledge/experience...
- Experience of sequencer/event-based architectures.
- Web development skills ( React/Redux/JSX).
- Knowledge of financial markets.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity