SPG engineering team is a dynamic and innovative front office team that partners directly with trading, sales, quants, operations, prime services and other engineering teams across the globe. We focus on building and enhancing the applications and workflows that support the SPG business and our clients.
As a key full-stack developer of the team, you will be at the forefront of various revenue-driven technology builds and working in a fast-paced changing environment. You may be working on a new business initiative to design the trade flow for the firm's synthetic product offerings. You may be building a cutting-edge technology stack that parallelizes the processing of contract lifecycle events with utilities to capture and visualize system performance. If you are interested in learning how the SPG business model works and how to apply your expertise to build the leading industry product to make great impact to the business, this will be the best position for you to fit in.
With this role, you will be getting lots of exposure on understanding the business model/principal, as well as how to serve clients and the firm by using your business and technical expertise. You will have the opportunity to liaise with and work with lots of talents in business, engineering, clients and operations across the globe in an environment that encourages open discussion and is focused on the delivery of robust, reliable software. You will be participating in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring system performance. You would learn what is the One Goldman Sachs concept and how we work as a team. You would excel your knowledge to make broader impacts to the firm and industry.
If you are looking for new challenges and opportunities, this is the role that you should apply and consider.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for trade booking and workflow systems as well as post-trade processing
- Design and build solutions to enhance and scale up the infrastructure to support business growth and new products, in a holistic front-to-back approach
- Collect data and metrics from existing systems to guide decision making and business intelligence, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect them
- Communicate with traders, sales, strategists, operations and compliance officers to gather new requirements, design workflow, deliver features and provide user support
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Quantitative Research or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in full-stack software development
- Hands-on experience with Java/C++/Python
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- A solid understanding of data structures and algorithms as well as systems design
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working experience in the financial industry and front-office facing environment
- Financial knowledge and good understanding of Equities Synthetic or Derivative products
- Prior experience with Linux shell scripting and systems programming
- Experience building state management systems, complex event processing and transaction sequencing architectures
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks such as Spring/Guice
- Prior experience with event sourcing (sequenced core stream) based architecture
- Prior experience in concurrent programming and developing multi-threaded systems
- Prior experience in Web or UI development such as Angular/React