The role is to be the technical guardian of the production platform for the region. The engineer will ultimately responsible to ensure the global market post-trade systems can scale with volumes. This includes ensuring the systems are resilient and have capacity to deal with high volume days and significant additional flows. They will work closely with both businesses and application teams to ensure they meet these capacity targets and to ensure there are clear SLOs for their systems going forward. The engineer will also ensure that independent monitoring is in place to ensure there are early detection of issues.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work with the businesses across the region to ensure there are clear targets for capacity.
- Work with application system owners to develop effective SLOs that capture business needs.
- Develop effective monitoring solutions and infrastructure to support large, scalable real-time systems.
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Proficiency in building software in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Ruby or shell.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design or experience with UNIX operating systems internals.
- Experience automating operational tasks.
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code.
- Strong communication skills, drive, and ownership.
- Experience applying DevOps principles to novel problems and systems