Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Our Securities Lending role involves working in a dynamic front-office trading environment.
Our end to end technology stack runs the firm’s Securities Lending business. We build innovative tech solutions for our businesses, allowing them to serve their Hedge Fund clients and Institutional Lenders. Our highly global technical team, sitting close to our traders, work together delivering solutions with a particular focus on micro services and trader UX. We’re agile, global and diverse. We currently have a strong focus on re-engineering and further automating our flows to enable us to increase our volumes to various electronic venues in a way that provides scale, transparency and control for trading.
You'll be responsible for being innovative, creative in solving real world problems related to trading and financial markets. This role will involve data analysis, designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest technologies. The applications we develop include inventory and risk management, calculating client pnl, and facilitating internal/external trading flows.
You will undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems within a global team (NY, LDN, Warsaw, Bengaluru, SLC). You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack. Our primary technologies are Java, kafka, databases (MongoDB, Sybase, DB2, DataLake) and Web (reactJS, TypeScript).
Responsibilities And Qualifications
How will you fulfill your potential?
- Develop a deep understanding how markets function front-to-back in the finance domain covering trading, client flow and transaction management
- Develop good project management skills & leadership skills
- Develop strong skills in programming and technical architecture design
- Build close working relationships with Business users covering Front Office Traders, Middle Office Operations and Back Office users.
- Develop personal skills to a high level
- Participate in a high work ethic environment
- Experience with OO design and Java implementation
- Experience providing high quality production support to a demanding user base
- Experience with requirement gathering from interactions with end-users
- Experience with full project life cycle and agile style development
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate solid ability to multi-task (1-2 simultaneous projects)
- Must be a self-starter
- 3+ years OO design/development
- 3+ years Java
- 3+ years database experience preferred
- Experience with test driven development and methodology
- Experience with real-time systems/messaging infrastructures
- Experience with full stack development
- Familiarity with build/deployment/runtime tools e.g. Gradle, Maven, Git, Spring, Kubernetes, Cloud
- Finance, Securities Lending and Equities knowledge a strong plus
- Familiarity with building and running resilient and scalable systems