Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
- Design, build and maintain a high-performance, high-availability, high-capacity, yet nimble and adaptive platform for transaction cost analytics and execution research
- Develop highly reliable data ingestion processes to consume large volumes of data emitted by trading and market data systems.
- Design distributed computation infrastructure and libraries to run parallelized queries over large volumes of data.
- Design, build and maintain applications to monitor performance of trading strategies in relation to the market in real time.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 7-12 years of professional experience in a data engineering/analytics role
- Prior Experience with Python/Java/Scala based large scale streaming data analytics and storage solutions
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in data driven performance analysis and optimizations.
- Experience building streaming data processing and ingestion pipelines
- Experience building distributed data processing systems which handle a high volume of client queries
- Knowledge and Experience with KDB
- Experience with Equities transaction and market data, Transaction Cost Analysis
- Prior experience building systems used by multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Over 3 years' experience in Financial industry
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity