As a GIR Software Engineer, you will be developing the firm’s distribution platform for Research data. This platform provides our clients with access to over 3bn data points through streaming data services, state-of-the-art database technologies and web-scale, industry-standard APIs. You will be working in a growing, global team based in Singapore, London, Bengaluru and New York, and will be engaged in all stages of software development from requirements gathering through to development and deployment.
We are looking for talented engineers who have an insatiable appetite for learning, passionate about building commercial solutions innovatively and developing highly effective teams. We run an Agile (Scrum+Kanban) team with iterative feedback loops with our clients and continual improvement of the team's processes.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design and develop end-to-end software solutions including data modelling, application and service development leveraging multiple technologies
- Collaborate with Technology and business counterparts as part of a global team
- Engage with other Technology teams in providing integration solutions
- Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- 2+ years of Java development
- Excellent analytical skills and not afraid to learn new programming languages & approaches
- Passionate about technology
- Hands-on technical skill
- Team-oriented with strong communication and collaborative skills
- Experience with SOA & RESTful services
- Experience with web and service frameworks such as Spring
- Experience with AWS cloud, container
- Experience with linux in an operational context
- Experience with event driven data pipes such as Kafka
- Experience with NOSQL databases and caching technologies such as MongoDB, Redis Elasticsearch
- Experience working in a global team
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.